Assistance with a Federal Agency
My staff is dedicated to helping folks in the Hudson Valley who need help cutting through red tape. While we can’t guarantee a favorable outcome, we’ll do everything we can to ensure that you receive full and fair consideration in a timely manner. If you’re having trouble with a local or state agency here in New York, we can also help refer you to the right people.
Due to federal law, my office can only assist people who are residents of New York’s 18th Congressional District.
If you are seeking assistance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the State Department, or a United States Embassy, please see the Immigration Services tab for a specific Immigration Privacy Release, or contact the District office for assistance.
Please complete the form below, which will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
indicates information that you need to provide.