Maloney to Host Hudson Valley Veterans Jobs and Resource Fair in Poughkeepsie
Representative Sean Patrick Maloney (NY-18) announced today that he will host a jobs and resources fair for Hudson Valley veterans, service members and their families. On Saturday, March 22nd from 11:00AM to 1:00PM at the Athletic Center at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, dozens of local veterans organizations and local employers will be in attendance to help connect veterans with resources and employment opportunities. In addition, the Department of Labor will be available to work one-on-one with veterans and their families to build an attractive resume for prospective employers, and the Small Business Administration will discuss resources available to entrepreneurs including access to capital, free and confidential counseling services, and contracting and exporting opportunities for small businesses.
"Our veterans, service members, and their families have devoted their lives in service to our country, and we have a responsibility to ensure our neighbors have the resources and opportunities they need to succeed when they arrive home," said Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, son of a Navy veteran. "We must do all that we can to support our heroes and connect our highly skilled veterans to meaningful employment upon their return to civilian life."
For more information on how to participate as an employer, please call Rep. Maloney's office at 202-225-5441, or fill out the Veterans Job and Resource Fair participation form on Rep. Maloney's website. If you are interested in attending, you can RSVP by calling 845-561-1259 or fill RSVP online.
Last year, Rep. Maloney hosted a veterans resource fair in Middletown, NY with dozens of local veterans organizations in attendance. Rep. Maloney currently has a full-time Veterans Advocate on staff to help veterans with their claims for educational, disability, retirement, medical, burial, spousal and dependents' benefits as well as the correction of military records and medals. So far, Representative Maloney has helped return more than $1.4 million to folks in veteran’s compensation, and secured more than 27 service medals including two Purple Hearts.
Participants currently include
- American Legion
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS (Hudson Valley Chapter)
- Army National Guard
- Central Hudson Gas & Electric
- Crystal Run Healthcare
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service
- Dutchess County Department of Human Resources – EEO Office
- Dutchess Works
- Dutchess County Chamber of Commerce
- Glenmont Job Corps
- Helmets to Hardhats
- Hudson River Housing - Supportive Services for Veteran Families
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Hudson Valley Honor Flight
- Home Depot
- IBEW 363 Electricians
- Institute for Family Health
- Ironworkers Local 417
- Jewish War Veterans
- Marine Corps League of the Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Small Business Development Center
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing
- New York Guard
- NYS Division of Military & Naval Affairs
- NYS Division of Veterans Affairs
- Pepsi Co.
- Social Security Administration
- Student Veterans of America at Marist
- Tutoring Up-Grades, Inc.
- Ulster BOCES Adult Career Education Center
- United States Department of Agriculture
- United States Secret Service
- United States Small Business Administration - NY District Office
- VA Hudson Valley Healthcare
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Veridian Energy